In the framework of Israeli French High Council for Scientific and Technological Research : the call for proposals 2008 Research Networks Program in Multicomputing (Multicore, Cluster & Grid) is now opened !
Projects should be proposed by two teams (one French and one Israeli).
Each research project will be coordinated by twoPrincipal Investigators, one from each country.
French and Israeli research teams are hereby invited to submit proposals for research project undertaking in the field of “MULTICOMPUTING”.
It is planned that the projects which has been authorized by both sides, will begin on September the 01th of 2008.
Proposals may relate to parallel computing and computer systems using multiple computing elements: multiple cores and multi-processors, computer clusters and/or loosely coupled computational and/or data grids. The proposed research may address any of the following facets of this general area:
- Novel system and sub-system architectures using conventional and/or “future” technologies.
- Software utilities, tools and middleware.
- New applications or novel adaptation of existing applications to parallel architectures.
- The above may relate to “conventional” parallel computing paradigms or present new ones and relate to them.
- Multidisciplinary proposals (architectures that permit simpler programming models, research aimed at understanding parallelism in biological systems, parallel nature-inspired systems, etc.) are welcome.
Each selected joint project may benefit for a two-year fund. The financial support will be granted on an annual basis.
The total fund will be supplied to the principal investigators on each side.
The framework of funding is 500,000 USD/Euro for the overall reasearch cooperation, for the period of two years, divided equally between the parties.
Guidelines for the submission of network research project proposals
In addition to the electronic submission, proposal should be submitted in English in 10 copies on each side (French & Israeli). The application forms and accompanying material (in PDF or DOC format) should be submitted together on CD.
All application submissions including the electronic version must be received not later than the end of the workday of the 19th of June 2008.