The Scientific Office is a part of the Cooperation Service of the French Embassy in Israel (website). We aim at promoting and stimulating scientific cooperation between France and Israel.
We serve as a central record of information regarding bilateral scientific cooperation for institutions in both countries: Ministries, universities, research institutions, etc. Additionally, we issue call for proposals intended to support financially French-israeli scientific cooperation (conferences, research programs, fellowships, etc.).
Who we are
Jacques BAUDIER PhD – Attaché for Scientific and Academic Cooperation – French Embassy in Israel
Research director, 1st class, French national institute for health and medical research (INSERM).
Pharmacist, Former head of CEA and INSERM Research Laboratories.
Supervisor of the French-Israeli Scientific Cooperation.
***Dafna LEBOWITZ – Scientific Secretary
Diploma: PC programmer
Subjects: Chateaubriand Fellowship, agenda & protocol of the Scientific Office, invitations, budget management, press contact
Speaking: French, English, Hebrew
Phone: +972 (0) 3 796 80 42
Fax: +972 (0) 3 796 80 45
Yasmine GUYOT – Deputy of the Scientific Attaché
Diploma : Engineer “Ecole des Mines”, Master in Economic Intelligence
Subjects : French International Volunteers Program, Conferences, monitoring : electronic bulletin, news, webmaster.
Speaking: French, English
Phone: +972 (0) 3 796 80 40
Lauranne CARO – Deputy of the Scientific Attaché – Scientific Communication
Diploma: Master in Genetics and Master in Communication
Subjects: Daguesh Science, Conferences, Communication
Speaking: French, English, Spanish
Phone: +972 (0) 3 796 80 41
The team also welcomes French young scientists (Volontaires internationaux chercheurs)
- Jonathan AFLALO, PhD student in the Geometric Image Processing Lab. under the supervision of Prof. Ron Kimmel, Technion
- Hendrik EIJSBERG, Post-doc in the Laboratory of Organic Chemistry under the supervision of Prof. Ilan Marek, Technion
- Benjamin KUPFER, PhD student in the Nano materials for Energy Applications Lab. led by Prof. Arie Zaban, University Bar Ilan
- Nicolas PANAYOTIS, Post-doc in the group of Prof. Michael Fainzilber, dept of biological chemistry, Weizmann Institute
- Guillaume SICARD, PhD student in the Brain-Computer Interface for Rehabilitation Laboratory under the supervision of Prof. Miriam Zacksenhouse, Technion